- Malvasia Carso-Kras 2015 (K. Rado) Broad textured, nutty, succulent. A lovely bottle, graceful enough to drink well as an aperitif, but with an inner strength that made it a good match for a chick-pea curry. Stylish and balanced. Bare
- Pinot Auxerrois "H" Vieilles Vignes 2015 (Josmeyer) Delicious wine: similar to Pinot blanc in its lightness and clarity but Auxerrois from old vines is a big step up and this is complex wine with some of the appeal of a taut Chardonnay. Very fine, with a complex, individual palate and all the dryness and elegance that this grower brings to Alsace. Will probably open out a little more. Bare
- Cannonau di Sardegna Berteru 2016 (Cantina Gungui) Intriguing, very drinkable wine. Bottled with some CO2, it has lifted red fruits reminiscent of some high-toned young Burgundies. I get the impression that it is very naturally made, certainly it is very transparent. I'm not sure where it is going, it could improve also. I have had a couple of bottles and their is some variation: a living thing, I guess. For now, a top .
Tasting notes added to Fine Wine Diary 05/03/2018 Return to top
- Riesling Kottabe 2015 (Josmeyer) A touch of lime, pretty much completely dry, elegant and light on the palate (in a positive way). A lovely style. Top
- Oloroso (Urium) Not an old VORS or anything, but a rather good, sufficiently old, Oloroso. It shows very well the difference between biological (flor) ageing in Amontillado,etc, and the oxidative evolution of Oloroso. With all that, it's pleasantly vinous. I would like to taste one of their top wines.
Tasting notes added to Fine Wine Diary 28/02/2018 Return to top