- Bandol Rose 2005 (Tempier) Understated, quite complex, but a little flat and dominated by a caramel/toffee overlay that I'm not keen on. Being a Tempier fan I was expecting a lot from this, but on this showing I'm not wildly keen.
- Rully Les Saint-Jacques 1994 (A. et P. Villaine) Dull, very deep-coloured and tending to oxidation. Nothing like a couple of other halves of this from the same lot which were lovely. An early case of "poxy white Burgundy" or just a dodgy cork?
- Champagne Blanc-de-blancs Grand Cru Chouilly Brut NV (Legras) Attractive and drinkable, but lacking the mineral complexity of the Launois NV drunk recently.
- Riesling Grand Cru Saering 1989 (Schlumberger) Pleasant mature rieslong - needing drinking fairly soon. Bare
Tasting notes added to Fine Wine Diary 12/08/2006 Return to top
- Nuits St George 1er cru Clos Des Argillieres 2000 (Dureuil-Janthial) Bright, attractive and authentic, but lacking any special buzz. I wrote that on initially drinking a glass or two: returning the following night this has opened out and is showing lovely minerality. Scrapes
Tasting notes added to Fine Wine Diary 11/08/2006 Return to top