- Graach Josephshofer Kabinett 1983 (Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt) Lovely condition. Fairly dry, completely classic. Top
- Maximin Herrenberg 2013 spatlese (C Schmitt-Wagner) Youthfully estery. Concentrated, some sweetness but fantastic acidity. Very long.
- Leiwen Laurentiuslay Alte Reben 2013 trocken (Carl Loewen) Bone dry, steely, lots of complexity and potential. Nice length. even
- Pol Roger 1988 Mature stagnant rivers nose, bags of honey, lively mushroomy palate, very good indeed.
- Chablis Grand cru Les Clos 2007 (Christian Moreau) Cockle sheds, mineral, Chablis. Drinking nicely but with a few years it might improve further. Very good. Top
- Domaine de Chevalier blanc 1984 Rich, custard and fruit. Mouth filling. Lovely, long fruit. Bare
- Charmes Chambertin 1998 (Maume) Beautiful high-toned fragrance. Very pure. Fairly tannic with a finish that's still a touch hard, as typical for the vintage.
- Monprivato 2006 (G. Mascarello) Quite reductive on the nose. Very fine fruit with the hardness of youth. plus
- Monprivato 1982 (G. Mascarello) Excellent. Fragrant, roses, exquisite.
- Hermitage La Chapelle 1989 Faulty
- Clos St Jacques 2001 (Fourrier) Very Gevrey fruit, stylish. Quite light. Doesn't absolutely grab me.
- Chateau Climens 1990 Deep orange colour (is this normal?). Good, but this bottle a bit over-evolved - I have had much better.
- Vouvray Cuvee Constance 2005 (Huet) Luxurious, sexy, rich, lovely fruit, botrytised, intense. Lovely.
- Port style and house unclear, vintage 1912 Quite light orange. Rather lively, aniseed, port quality, I wonder what it is/was. Engaging, interesting, complex. It changes in the glass - peppermint now. Rather special.
Tasting notes added to Fine Wine Diary 11/01/2015 Return to top
- Rausan Segla 1986 Classic Claret, a touch of Margaux fragrance and while this seems completely mature some of the tannins of the vintage are still in evidence - certainly not a problem with food. A decent
- Niepoort 1985 Just coming up to its 30th birthday and very pleasingly drinkable. Medium weight blueberry fruit with a touch of chocolate. Drinking well - very nice and very Niepoort. Bare
Tasting notes added to Fine Wine Diary 29/12/2014 Return to top