Offline in Glasgow 01/06/2018 (TNB)
- Champagne NV (Deutz) Nice, quite rich with a traditional, fairly high high dosage.
- Champagne Henriot 1990 Showing quite a lot of maderisation from age but very pleasant if you like old fizz. Top
- Champagne 2008 (Taittinger) Gentle farmyardy wet hay character, Vinous and pleasantly dry. Stylish. and rising
- Krug 1990 Like the Henriot, showing some age with a touch of maderisation. Minty chocolate nose, characteristic of mature Krug. A very lovely drink.
- Chablis 1er cru Monte de Tonnerre 2009 (Raveneau) Very characteristic - "cockle sheds" as I recall Neal Martin describing it. A little less concentrated than some: the vintage, I expect. Still
- Riesling Schlossberg St Catherine 1993 (Weinbach) Really fine mature riesling in great condition. Top
- Tondonia reserva blanco 1996 (Lopez de Heredia) Typically herby, traditional white Rioja. This one tending a little to flab possibly. Very good.
- Gruner Veltliner 2017 (Riverby) In your face peppermint - not my sort of thing at all, I'm afraid.
- Riesling Reserve Personelle 1988 (Hugel) Hugel do produce nice dry long-lived wines. Lovely acidity. Good
- Clos Vougeot 2002 (Lamarche) Lovely pinot, complex and quite broad. Focus a little weak but that maybe because it was a bit warm. At least
- Haut Bailly 1981 An archetypal mature, traditional Claret - cedary and smoky. Beginning to be a touch citric now so needs drinink over the next few years. Top
- Hermitage 1990 (Delas) Lovely balance and in fine condition but seems a bit unforthcoming. I wonder if we have caught it at a difficult stage. Still a great pleasure to drink.
- Coutet 1989 Barley sugar. Alive and very drinkable.
Tasting notes added to Fine Wine Diary 11/06/2018 Return to top