Wine group at E.O'Ns 25/10/2010 (TNB)Very old notes - I'm determined to catch up!
- VdP des Alpes Maratimes blanc 2006 (Mas Bernard) Unassertive and now a bit faint.
- Rolle, VdP Var 2004 Futs du Chene (Dom de Sarrins) Fruity and aromatic. Pleasant. Good
- Condrieu Les Chaillees de l'Enfer 2007 (Vernay) Fresh, fruity, balanced, doesn't shout the appelation to my mind, but good. Top
- Condrieu Les Terroirs 2007 (Merlin) Intense and dense, but again perhaps not absolutely singing. Good
- Beausejour Lagarosse 1988 A touch soft, fruity, drinkable. Top at least.
- Clos des Jacobins 1988 Midweight, elegant, classic Claret.
- Clos des Jacobins 1988 A it stinky at first. It resolves but is still quite tannic. Rather lacks the balance of the 88. Bare
- Nuits St George Boudots 1995 (Jean Grivot) Rather rubbery. Opens out but still very tannic. Will this come round? (possibly more in time)
- Nuits St George Les Damodes 1995 (Chauvenet) Fragrant fruit, very pure and lovely. Bare
- Nuits St George Pruliers 1996 (Jean Grivot) Reductive. It wears off (mainly) but remains rather awkward and oaky. It reminds me why I'm not a fan of this grower. Bare
- St Croix du Mont 1997, Chateau Loubon Nicely balanced, open, very botrytised. Bare
- Sherry, Dulce Viejo (Peraleja) Rather brown, old and not very attractive.
- Dom Perignon 1990 Guessed this was DP blind with its classy wet straw nose. Surprisingly dry and ayustere for the vintage, I thought - very good but I would have thought it was from a less ripe year. Bare
Tasting notes added to Fine Wine Diary 27/08/2011 Return to top
At EMcC's 16/10/2010 (TNB)Catching up with ancient notes - hence brief
- Champagne Cuve 1911 - 95/96/97 blend (A. Clouet) Bold, pinot quite apparent. Nice, but lacks the style of the 89/90/91 blend.
- Riesling Steiner Hund 1999 (Nikolaihof) Bone-dry, spicy riesling. Completely delicious. These wines do age well. Bare even
- Griotte Chambertin 1997 (J. Drouhin) Cooked beetroot nose, earthy yet fairly high-toned. Cherries emerge. A bare
- Griotte Chambertin 1997 (F. Esmonin) Again, quite a cooked character, and generally a little on the soft side. Top
- Charmes Chamberting 1999 (Rousseau) I expected more: this lacks weight and doesn't seem to have enough finesse to compensate. I've preferred other bottles of this wine.
- Beaune Greves 1999 (Tollot-Beaut) Very pleasant, balanced wine. Does what it says on the tin. A good
- Vieux Chateau Certan 1986 Iron. So mineral, yet the fruit has a lovely silky texture. Always a star. No hurry to drink this.
- Brunello 1975 (Barbi) Well past it.
Tasting notes added to Fine Wine Diary 02/01/2013 Return to top