A few wines at JM's 25/10/2012 (TNB)
- Champagne Special Club 1982 (Larmandier-Bernier) Mature yet very lively. Mushrooms and underbrush. Dry, savoury and elegant. Lovely. Bare
- Niellon Champgains 1993 (Niellon) Herby, creamy, very classic and lovely. Fine white Burgundy from before the pox!
- Ceparello 1999 (Isole e Olena) Rich, savoury, fine tannins. Delicious brambly fruit, but possibly a touch modern-styled. Still young! Very good.
- Barolo 1971(Fontanafredda) Rather oxidised.
- Troplong Mondot 2004 Irony, dry, mineral. Rather good. A good
- Morey St Denis 1990 (Dujac) Classy, mature village Burgundy. Beginning to show it's age a bit.
- Gevrey Chambertin 1er cru Les Cazetierres 1990 (Rousseau) Meaty, gamy, rich. All rather delicious if tending a little towards the rustic sort of Gevrey. Still
Tasting notes added to Fine Wine Diary 31/10/2012 Return to top